A Library is the heart and backbone of any institution. It is commonly believed that "the nation that reads is the nation that leads". Keeping this view in mind the Indian Institute of Legal Studies provides a reading room which is spread over 7000Sq. ft. having ample amount of study materials and books. The location of the library is such that it provides an ambience of calmness with eye-catching view of the Himalayas and gentle breeze blowing.
The library is air conditioned with Wi-Fi facilities for both the students and faculty members so that they can have access to the Internet. The library maintains a compendious subscription of journals and magazines which are updated frequently.
Books, journals and magazines have been organized in an exhaustive and scientific mode in order to support research work in various disciplines. The institution subscribes to all local daily newspapers which are displayed in the library for the students.
The library has a collection of over 1500 titles and more than 9000 volumes of bound periodicals as well as a sizeable collection of electronic materials in CD-ROMs and legal database providing online access to major legal platforms including AIR, Calcutta High Court Notes, Gazettes, Company Law Journals, Complete digest of Supreme Court Cases, Indian Bar Reviews, India International Journal of Judicial Sciences, Westlaw, Lexis Nexis and Manupatra online. The library has also acquired complete sets of Public Law, Company Law. AIR, SSC, CWN, CHN etc. The Law library is equipped with All England Law Report and also other International Journals. As an integral component of the academic programmes the library fully supports the Institute’s teaching and research work.
There has been a rapid growth in the stockpile of the library of our institution. We also subscribe numerous periodicals and daily newspapers. The periodicals are displayed in the Library and accessible to all the members. The newspaper are displayed the library and four other locations on various floors.
|Monday-Friday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:30 am - 3:00 pm||10:30 am - 3:00 pm|
1. All India Reporter (AIR)
2. All England Law Reporters
3. AIR Law Lines
4. A.I.R Manual
5. AIR Civil Cases
6. Air Accident Claims & Compensation Cases
7. Air Cheque Dishonour Reports
8. AIR Ready Reckoner
9. AIR Supreme Court yearly Referencer
10. Calcutta Weekly Note
11. Calcutta High Court Notes
12. Calcutta Gazette
13. Criminal Law Journal
14. Company Law Journal
15. Complete digest of supreme court cases
16. Gauhati University Journal of Law
17. Indian Bar Review
18. Indian Bar Review
19. India International Journal of Judicial sciences
20. Indian journal of law and justice
21. Journal of the Indian Law Institute
22. Indian Journal of International Law
23. Indian Student Law Review
24. Key to supreme court Judgements
25. Labour & Industrial Cases
26. Military Law Journal
27. Practical Lawyer
28. Supreme Court Cases
29. IILS LAW REVIEW
30. The Indian journal of International Economic Law
31. NLS Business Law Review
32. The Indian Journal OF Law &Technology
33. Socio-Legal Review
34. NLSIU Review
35. International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice
36. National Law School Journal
37. Kathmandu School of Law Review
38. The NUSRL JOURNAL OF LAW & POLICY
39. IILS SAARC CONCLAVE
1. All students, faculty and staff members of IILS shall attain membership of the library on submitting the filled in application. However, non-anchored user’s viz. professionals, bona fide research scholars, bona fide students etc, who wish to make use of the library may be allowed to do so on being accorded written permission from the Vice Chairman of the Library Committee.
2. Membership Card for Library is issued to all regular students; The Library cards are not transferable. If the card is lost, duplicate cards may be issued on complying prescribed procedure.
3. Photocopying machines are available in the Administrative Office. Students can get their materials photocopied at usual cost.
4. Laser printing facility is available in the Library, Students can take print outs against payment. This service is also outsourced.
5. Our Institute subscribes many periodicals and daily newspapers. The periodicals are displayed in the Library. The newspaper is displayed in the library as well as four locations in various floors.
6. Students may avails two books at a time for 7(seven) days.
7. At the time of borrowing a book every member (student) shall examine it very carefully and if any mutilation, defacement or damage in the books found by any member, than he/she should immediately report to the librarian otherwise he/she shall be liable for such damage/s, at the time of return.
8. If any member loses a book, he/she shall have to pay current market price of the book. If a book is one of the volume of a set, the reader must replace the whole set.
9. Students are allowed to use the entire stock of the library. Each student reserves the right to use the reading room throughout his/her course of studies in the Institute, provided he/she observes proper discipline and maintains academic aptitude. Books are issued on presentation of Students’ Library Card which remains with the dealing personnel as long as the book is in use.
- Address Details : Dagapur, Siliguri
- Post Office. : Salbari
- Police.Station : Matigara
- District : Darjeeling, State : West Bengal, India
- Pin Code Address : 734002
- Telephone No. : +91-353-2574013 / 2574697
- Fax No. : +91-353-2574698
- For General Information : email@example.com
- For Administration : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Admission Enquiry : email@example.com
- Post Box No: Siliguri Head Post Office, Post Box No. 66