Indian Institute of Legal Studies, hereinafter referred to as “IILS” is located at the foothills of the picturesque Himalayas in the Terai-Dooars confluence bestowing it with natural landscape and being blessed by an enviable cool climate throughout the year. IILS can be lauded for its connectivity by rail, air and road transport for its proximity to Bagdogra Airport (about 8 km), nearest broad-gauge railway station like Siliguri Junction (4 km) and New Jalpaiguri Station (about 10 km), National Highways like NH 31 and NH 55 just a stone’s throw distance.
Being one of the best law colleges in India, the faculty members of IILS have educational qualification from leading international and national universities who have been awarded prestigious awards. They demonstrate actual Court proceedings to the students and the students shall also get the opportunity to take part in the demonstration proceedings so that on obtaining the Degree in Law, the students shall be acquainted with actual Court Proceedings.
IILS is a prestigious law college in India. Its complex has is a mammoth structure (G+3) consisting of 10,000 sq. ft. in each floor having been designed by the best engineers and architects of Siliguri. The ground floor houses the spacious lobby, administrative offices, teachers’ room and class-rooms with toilets, drinking water provisions. Two stair cases supported by a lift through the lobby give access to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors. To be specific, the Principal’s office, moot court find place in the 1st floor. The majestic library is located in the 2nd floor along with a faculty/management conference room. Our Chairman’s gorgeous office is also housed in the 2nd floor. From the lobby in the ground floor the top-floor can be viewed providing a panoramic view of atrium.
In IILS, the best law college of India, spacious class rooms, properly ventilated, have been provided to accommodate 60 students in one such classroom as prescribed by the Bar Council of India. Sitting arrangements have been so designed keeping in mind the comfort of students who would have to attend long hours of lectures. Each classroom shall have electronic Boards to assist the faculty while delivering lectures and the students would also be benefited with this latest bit of technology and public address system. The Moot Court is centrally air-conditioned with all the look of a Courtroom so as to acclimatize the students with Courtroom proceedings.
This best law institute in India has computers and internet facility and these are used for official and study purposes. We are aware about the fact that computers are fast becoming an integral part of modern life and are increasingly used in every sphere of work, and that’s why we have well equipped computer lab with separate server and networking for the students within the premises of the library. A well equipped air conditioned computer lab facility having state of the art facilities including Wi-Fi zone, computers, E-journals for students has been made available.
- By the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, Vide Memo No – BCI:D:/397/2010.
- Approved by the Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal, vide its office Ref No - 702(2) -Edn(cs)/4C-26/09, dated – 23/11/2009.
- Affiliated to the University of North Bengal, vide Affiliation No – 603/UG/-09(2) dated – 21/07/2009.
- Recognized by the Univercity Grants Commission, New Delhi Vide Notification No. F. No. 8-93/2014 (CPP-I/C).
- Address Details : Dagapur, Siliguri
- Post Office. & Police.Station : Matigara
- District : Darjeeling, State : West Bengal, India
- Pin Code Address : 734010
- Telephone No. : +91-353-2574013 / 2574697
- Fax No. : +91-353-2574698
- For General Information : [email protected]
- For Administration : [email protected]
- For Admission Enquiry : [email protected]
- Post Box No: Siliguri Head Post Office, Post Box No. 66