Indian Institute of Legal Studies established in the year 2010 has evolved into a unique system of imparting legal education not only in North Bengal region but also an emerging education and research centre in the SAARC region with the establishment of the Centre for SAARC on Environment Study and Research. Acknowledged as one of the best law colleges in India, IILS is nestled in the cradle of the quaint Himalayas and picturesque surroundings assimilating nature and education, a combination which is rarity in itself.
IILS has an intensive educational excellence and classroom deliberations by faculties having educational qualifications from the best National and International Universities. In order to mould the budding professionals of tomorrow the institution provides hi-tech classrooms with power point and audio visual- based orientations. Classrooms are delineated providing spacious sitting capacity to students keeping mind their comfort, accommodating 60 students in each class as per the Bar Council guidelines. The state of art infrastructure of the institution is well complimented with modern amenities and technology. IILS has been designed by the best architect in India.
IILS is an institute that promotes holistic studies in law in the form of short term courses; field work, experiential learning in addition to regular under graduate course. Post graduate courses and research centre are already functional which will mature into doctrinal courses.
The institution is a hub of activities. Apart from its regular academic courses the institution has organized various educational seminars and symposiums with the motive of enhancing knowledge and awareness of students and its faculties. Regional Teachers Training Programme on International Humanitarian Law was held in collaboration with International Committee of the Red Cross, Geneva. The programme was acknowledged by the presence of renowned scholars, professors and judges from across the country.
The institution takes pride in hosting workshop for police officers of North Bengal region on Human Rights and Cyber Crimes, where the institute was privileged to have the presence of eminent police officers and scholars. The training programme was organized with the aim of imparting theoretical knowledge to the officers who are blessed with practical knowledge. Another training programme for the Public Prosecutors by the Government of West Bengal was also organized within the campus of the institution.
The Bureau of Police Research and Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India had approved for organizing a vertical interaction course for IPS Officers on “Criminal Justice System” which was witnessed by the gracious presence of Hon’ble Judges of the Supreme Court and the judges of the various High Courts.
The institution has organized a series of seminars both in national and international level. Within a period of 7 years, the institution has reached an enviable position. It had started with organizing National Seminar on ”Civil Justice Delivery System” and today it has reached the peak of organizing international seminars , with the SAARC LAW SUMMIT & CONCLAVE being the blooming one.
In the coming years the institution also aspires to host more such innovative and conventional programs for the enhancement of legal education.
- By the Bar Council of India, New Delhi, Vide Memo No – BCI:D:/397/2010.
- Approved by the Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal, vide its office Ref No - 702(2) -Edn(cs)/4C-26/09, dated – 23/11/2009.
- Affiliated to the University of North Bengal, vide Affiliation No – 603/UG/-09(2) dated – 21/07/2009.
- Recognized by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi Vide Notification No. F. No. 8-93/2014 (CPP-I/C).
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES, affiliated to the University of North Bengal, Recognised by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi. Approved U/S. 2(f)&12(b) of the University Grants Commission Act, New Delhi
- Address Details : Dagapur, Siliguri
- Post Office. : Salbari
- Police.Station : Matigara
- District : Darjeeling, State : West Bengal, India
- Pin Code Address : 734002
- Telephone No. : +91-353-2574013 / 2574697
- Fax No. : +91-353-2574698
- For General Information : firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Administration : email@example.com
- For Admission Enquiry : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Box No: Siliguri Head Post Office, Post Box No. 66